clean and relaxing office space

Move with confidence
We're fully licensed & insured

Octomovers is a fully licensed and insured mover of household goods.
We have all the necessary Federal and State registrations, and all required insurance to provide a reliable and safe moving experience.
Not all movers do!

Standard and Additional Movers’ Insurance

All household movers are required to have insurance covering damaged or lost items that pays out at 60 cents per pound. This coverage is included in a mover’s rates, i.e., there is no additional charge
You may also elect on the “Order For Service” (filled out at pick-up time) to take additional insurance based on the valuation of what you are shipping. This additional valuation charge is a minimum of $12.50 for a $2500 valuation and 50¢ per additional $100 of valuation. (Note: If you choose the additional valuation, we reserve the right to photograph each item, to test electronics, and to inspect and repack boxes as needed, all at the relevant hourly rate.)
We also have Cargo insurance that provides $5,000 of contents coverage for when your stuff is in our vehicle – although that’s only payable if the van explodes or something.
Not withstanding the legal side of insurance, we stand by our work. We do a lot of moves and every once in a while damage happens – usually dings or scratches – and we will make every effort to arrive at an amicable solution. If something does get damaged, we’ll try to agree on an out-of-pocket reimbursement, or we may be able to send a repair/restoration guy.

Building’s Certificates of Insurance

Many buildings require proof that moving companies working in their buildings have sufficient liability insurance. For each move in such a building, a unique certificate must be requested from our insurance agent specifying the building, management company, tenant, and other parties. This process normally takes a few business days to complete*.
One certificate for each location is included free* with a move– IF YOU obtain the necessary information from the building(s) AND if we receive the information at least 3 business days in advance of the move.
When you are speaking with your management company please request these items:
Job Date:Address:Tenant:Certificate Holder/Address:Additionally Insured(s):Email or Fax #:Contact Person at Management/#
NOTE: Certificate holder and additionally insureds must be filled out EXACTLY per your management’s instructions.
Or, you can have your building management email their requirements directly to us along with a cover letter stating tenant’s name, address with apt. #, and move date, to
Our COI’s are accepted by virtually all building managers, as we hold the following policies:
Commercial General LiabilityExcess Umbrella LiabilityWorkers' CompensationVehicle InsuranceCargo InsuranceAutomobile Liability
If you need to purchase moving insurance please visit
We will provide any necessary COIs (certificate of insurance) your building may require. Just provide us with the management company's insurance requirements.